By enrolling in our lessons, you are agreeing to these policies.
Payment & Booking
a. The regular fee for driving lessons is $90 per hour (plus GST). The course of each driving lesson is 90 minutes with the minimum 75-80 minutes practical time per lesson.
b. We require payment at the time of booking. It is strongly recommended to avoid booking if you are not certain whether you can make the appointment.
Cancellation & Rescheduling
- To cancel or reschedule a driving lesson or road test session, we require 2 days notice otherwise you forfeit the fees you have paid for your lesson or road test session. We strongly advise If you are not certain and aware of your schedule far in advance, please do NOT book a lesson or road test session.
- There will be no refund for driving lessons or road test sessions that have taken place.
Late-Shows & No-shows
- In your own interests you are advised to be punctual for your lesson appointments. If you are within 15 minutes late, you will receive the balance of your scheduled lesson and charged for the full lesson.
- If you are late beyond 20 minutes, the instructor will leave and you will not be refunded for the lesson. And you will be considered as ‘No Show’.
- There will be no refund or rescheduling for a ‘No Show’ driving lesson or road test session.
- A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if the instructor is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. He will make up any lesson time lost as a result of this at the end of the normal lesson time or as soon as possible. Any such shortfall should be recorded in your Driving Skills Notes and initialled by him.
Use of Our Vehicle for the road test
We only offer our road test package to the students who have signed up for at least one of our driving lessons packages. And in the interests of students and public safety we reserve the right to withhold the use of the training car for the test if, in our instructor’s opinion, a student is not ready for the test. We believe not only it is unsafe but also presents a poor image of us if a student shows up for the test while he/she is not well-prepared.
- Please note that there will be no refund for driving lessons or road test sessions that have already taken place.
- Refunds will be paid only for the unused lessons or road test sessions provided noticed is received by the school, Canadawide Driving Academy, minimum 2 days prior to the scheduled lessons or road test sessions.
- A processing fee of $30 will be applied on any refund.
Safety, comfort and well being
Safety is a shared responsibility as identified below:
- In the interests of comfort and safety you are advised to wear suitable footwear and clothing which does not restrict movement or which is inappropriate.
- It is important you act responsibly at all times and give your undivided attention to the driving task at hand.
- In an emergency situation it is important you follow my instructions and allow me to take control of the steering wheel, if necessary, to avoid an incident. I may also need to make use of the dual control (i.e. brake pedal) and thus override your use of it.
- You must take note of any medication you are taking which may affect your ability to drive safely and advise me accordingly before taking any lesson booked. Similarly, you should inform me of anything you feel might impact on your ability to undertake the proposed lesson safely.
- In the event it becomes apparent you are unable to concentrate due to illness, tiredness, or your emotional state of mind I reserve the right to terminate the lesson early.
Driving under the influence
To ensure the safety of you and other road users we reserve the right to cancel any lesson if you are or if we suspect you are under the influence of drugs, legal highs and/or alcohol (prescribed or otherwise). If this occurs the full training fee for the period in question will be lost or charged.
Students must provide a valid BC Learner’s Driver’s Licence or Driver’s Licence, including foreign driver’s licence before the first lesson. Students must carry their licence at all times during training.
Note: All lessons will be individual, one-on-one, unless both the instructor and student agree to additional persons (Maximum of three persons, one of whom must be an observer or a parent of the student) being in the car.
COVID-19 Safeguarding Measures
Please note while COVID-19 remains a threat Our policy will also require you to abide by the supplementary terms and conditions of service found on our web page here. This coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines.
This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. Your private health and personal data will be treated with high confidentiality and sensitivity.